Monday, February 27, 2012

The Full Meal Deal

"Isn't today the day that you need to change your site?"

"I don't think so."

"Let me see your pump. I am sure that you are due for a site change. If not today then you are overdue."

Begrudgingly, my son handed me over his pump. The first thing I noticed was that his battery was stating that it was dying and almost dead. "You need to change your battery...like now. Its on its last legs and I was right! Your site change is today.  Get the stuff out and get the site changed."

My son grumbles and heads out of his room. 

"What are you doing?"

"I need to get some insulin."

"Holy cow, you are going for the full meal deal tonight! You have a dead battery, no insulin and a dead site!"

I"ts not a dead site. The site is fine."

"Its due to be changed its a dead site.  Time for a clean slate!"

Soon we had everything new but sadly he was still high during the night. Can't win them all with Diabetes in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment