Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Forgot a diabetes supply? Never a problem in a house where D lives

This evening we have a guest who has Type 2 diabetes.  He is very conscious of his diet and testing his blood but because of uncontrollable circumstances, his meter did not arrive at our house with the rest of his things.

I heard Larry tell him that he was sure my son could help him out.  He knows that we have a number of spare diabetes supplies so finding an extra meter or lancet would most likely not prove difficult.

After overhearing the conversation going on the living room about supplies, I turned to my son and asked if he could help the gentleman out. He didn't think that would be a problem. What type of meter did he want?  I suggested he grab one of the meters that we rarely use so we didn't mess up logging the wrong person's readings.

My son then asked "What type of lancing device?"

I was sure it really didn't matter. 

"Well, there is one for the hand or the finger?"

The finger would be preferable.

"Hmm, well there is a bigger one or a smaller one?"

Oh my! I never knew there was such a variety! He calmly told me that there was. I told him that I would leave it in his capable hands.  I just wanted a lancing device with new lancet, a meter, and some strips please.

This is just the first few meters and lancets I found in his drawer!

No comments:

Post a Comment