Thursday, November 7, 2013

Relationships...and more

I am still running a bit behind on my Diabetes Awareness Month Photos but here we go…
Relationships
DSC_1351
 
Truly the greatest gift that diabetes has brought us is the many amazing, enduring, and incredible relationships that it has brought into our lives.   I have been blessed to meet, talk to, and interact with people from all over the world who have become family to me in every sense of the word.
Family picture
 
 
 
  
 
 
Blue…
diabetesbluecircle
Blue to me is still new. I know, the blue circle has been around for ages, why don’t I get with the program?? I have no clue.  When my son was first diagnosed, advocates displayed a grey ribbon with a drop of blood. I have that logo tattooed on my body and its the image that I have in my mind when it comes to awareness. I like the concept of a blue circle.  I like the unity that it represents.  I appreciate the hope that it brings. One day I hope that it will instantly evoke the same images and feelings that the pink and yellow ribbons currently do.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment