Thursday, January 12, 2012

What if I met an intruder at 3am?

Last night I was reading a murder mystery novel.  The bad guy was lurking outside of a house waiting to break in. It was the middle of the night and he noted that people slept the most sound between 3 and 5 in the morning.

I started to laugh. I wondered if he had made sure that Diabetes did not live in the house first?  I am constantly up and prowling around between those times.  I have, on more than one occasion thought about the what if... You know, the what if someone was in your house and you ran into them as you were going to test. 

The more I thought about it, the funnier it became.  If I ran into someone in the house I would most likely have a heart attack.  I would be freaked right out of my usual middle of the night stupor that sees me stumble into my son's room praying that I don't have to fully wake and think on a nightly basis.  Seeing someone else up in the house would mess with that big time!

I then thought of the intruder who was in my house.  The trauma that they would sustain after finding someone wandering around in a house they assumed to be asleep would definitely be significant.  Worse than that however, would be the fright that they would receive after seeing me stumbling around with my hair standing on end, no make up, and in my fuzzy red housecoat. 

The upside is that the police would most likely easily catch the burglar.  I would have shocked him so much I expect he would faint or go screaming off into the night!

Ah the things we can think of in our sleep deprived states.  

No comments:

Post a Comment