Sunday, May 1, 2011

Blood spatter...in the car

I recently purchased a "new to me" car.  I love it.  It is spacious and roomy.  The boys like that they can adjust the backseats to recline and have space to fight if they so desire.

The car lot that we purchased it from was more concerned with selling vehicles than they were with cleaning.  Larry and I like our vehicles to be relatively neat and clean so between its original state and a 1500km drive home, the new to me car was in dire need of a cleaning.

I lovingly scrubbed here and wiped there. I Armoralled.  I Windexed.  The car was spotless. As I was cleaning my mind began to wander.  I had a car of this exact same color before.  As I vacuumed the seats, I thought of my old car.  We had done well at keeping the upholstery quite clean despite having two young boys and a light colored car.  The car was however fraught with blood stains. I remember thinking while cleaning it one day that a CSI unit would go crazy in my vehicle.  It looked like a slaughter on the side of the car where my youngest son sat. 

Times have changed.  My last car didn't have any blood splatter to speak of.  It had test strips, but no blood.  He even thinks that it was traded in with a bottle of hand wash still in the backseat, but there was no blood.

I am hoping that we have no blood splattered in this car either.  He has grown past the stage of wiping his blood on the nearest surface.  He never was a blood sucker. Now he simply wipes the blood on his pants or a dark shirt.  When I give him the "mom look", I simply get the blank stare back and "what???".  Oh well at least my car will be safe from blood smears!

2 comments:

  1. Joe's a pant or shirt "wiper" too. He has never done it on the car upholstry. I would never even think of this one :)

    ReplyDelete