Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Memories of Faces of Diabetes


As promised months ago, I have been working my fingers off trying to get my website ready to publish in a fresh new look. To say it has presented challenges would be an understatement. I have lost weeks of work.  I have found coding errors that I never knew existed and I have a LOT of data!  Nonetheless, I am still hoping to have it up and ready to publish in the very, very near future. 

Yesterday I tackled one of my more challenging pages--the Faces of Diabetes Page.  It contains stories that I collected back in 2005 of people living with diabetes. As I looked at code, changed pictures and updated a few notes, I allowed myself a bit of time to read through some of the stories.

First, let me say that almost seven years later, many people could still make me cry! The raw emotion and the openness with which they told their stories were nothing short of amazing.

The other big thing that struck me was how long I have known some of you! I was shocked to realize that its not just my son who has grown since I first asked for these stories.  So many other lovely children who were profiled are now young adults. 

Finally, I was surprised to truly realize that I connected with so many of you at the beginning of your journey with diabetes.  Over the years we have become friends.  We have listened to each other's frustrations and victories.  Time passes but I always remember how blessed I am to have "met" so many of you.  Its incredible to see how far we have all come.

I would love to add more stories to this page. Please, consider sharing your journey with me.  For those who have already shared, come back and look at your story.  They will touch you I guarantee!

No comments:

Post a Comment