Saturday, July 14, 2012

Waking up is a good thing

My son got off of the plane, stumbled towards me and yawned. He had to be up at 6am and for a teen who likes to sleep until noon, this was just way too early!


After our initial chatter he turned to me and said "You will be happy to know that I now wake up from my lows."  


"You mean you woke up more than once?"


"Yeah, I wake up feeling starved. I hate it. It messes with my sleep."

"Waking up is a good thing. The alternative is not waking up!" 


"I know but it wrecks my sleep. I would rather have uninterrupted sleep." 


"That is not an option.  Waking up is a great thing. I hope you continue it!" 


"Sleep is a good thing. I would really rather just keep sleeping. That would be great."


I shook my head and attempted to explain that an eternal sleep was not an ideal. My son grumbled some more. He is not nearly as enthused as his mother is.  He understands my relief but yet another glitch in his life thanks to Diabetes is not at all welcome.  


Oh well! Hopefully we are onto something that lasts! 



1 comment: