Monday, March 28, 2011

The new rule for all hypos.

"You were low at 2:30 last night but you didn't retest until an hour later."
"It was an hour? It seemed like it was just a few minutes later."
"It was an hour and twice this week when you have been low during the night, you dropped AFTER I treated the first low."
"I hate retesting. I never remember.  Lows should not be allowed to happen at that time of night."
"I wish! Tell that one to your body!"
"I will. Lows should only happen at 6pm."
"6pm works for me."
"Yeah, it could be earlier but then it would be 3 and that would be at school so 6pm will do."


Later same night...


"I think I am low."
"How low are you?"
"2.8" (50)
"Get some juice NOW. At least you timed this one better but its not 6pm its 10."
"I know. I have to fix that. Lows are only allowed to happen at 6pm."

After a few minutes I saw him testing again. "Its too early to retest."
"I'm sure its been time."
"Wait a bit."
"Okay."
All was fine...for the moment.

2 comments:

  1. That has got to be so difficult when they start taking over the night care Barb! I don't even want to think about it. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Reyna! He actually hasn't taken over his night time care...in some respects I wish he was because I am exhausted but then he would be too :(
    He had a sleepover that night and they just happened to be up until 3:30am ((yawn)))

    ReplyDelete