Monday, June 14, 2010

CSI and my car

Yesterday was a truly beautiful day. I enjoyed a lovely brunch, had a walk along the beach with Larry and then came home to clean vehicles. Okay the last part is not exactly my ideal topper to a relaxing Sunday but the vehicles were in dire need of soap and it was a beautiful day (unlike the many days of rain and cold we had been having). 


HIs truck was cleaned, polished and squeaky clean.  Next came my car...I am hoping it will still start and not be in a state of shock because it is clean and waxed with its tires gleaming. Its not that I never clean my car but I don't tend to detail it the way it was done yesterday. 


As we were cleaning here and there, getting at every nook and crannie, I began to laugh.  Its amazing how times have changed but somethings have remained the same.  Over the years, my cars tend to build up with large amounts of blood droplets.  I always wonder what someone would think if they looked into my car without knowing about its passengers.  


We have handsanitizer for tests on the go.  There are test strips hidden in places that I didn't know existed. There is enough glucose to keep a family of four fed for a week.  My car has blood on the seat belts where my son kindly will wipe his hands after testing.


Its all of the blood that makes me laugh.  I think of those purple lights that you see on tv.  Can you imagine if they were to shine one of those things on my car? I tend to wash off a lot of the blood but that stuff supposedly shows the blood that has been cleaned.  My car would light up in the backseat and passenger seat. They would think that I was transporting mutilated bodies or something! 


Ah the parts of living with diabetes that can make you smile! 

No comments:

Post a Comment