So from our house to yours, Happy Holidays! and enjoy some "Humalog" with your Christmas dinner!
Chocolate Yule Log...AKA Humalog
1c icing sugar
8 oz colored miniature marshmallows
5 squares of semi sweet chocolate
5 tbsp margarine.
- Mix icing sugar, marshmallows and coconut in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and margarine.
- Add egg to chocolate mixture and stir until thick.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the marshmallow mixture. Mix well.
- Cut two long pieces of aluminum foil and sprinkle foil with extra coconut.
- Divide chocolate mixture in two.
- Form two logs--one on each piece of foil. Roll in the coconut or sprinkle on top after the logs are formed.
- Roll up in the aluminum foil to hold the log shape and chill in refrigerator or freezer. Slice to serve.
498g of carbohydrates for recipe. 249g per log.
*walnuts can also be added to the marshmallow mixture