Thursday, May 17, 2012

Fantasy Diabetes Device

What would my fantasy diabetes device be? We already have part of it. I love, and my son completely LOVES his Cozmo.  My dream would be to be able to keep all of its amazing technology...with one addition. A cattle prod. You know, an electric shock device.

Vibrations and alarms just do not cut it.  When they go off, my son obliges and turns them off without looking or attending to the issue at hand.  I have always thought that if he received an electric shock, he would be more likely to pay attention to what caused the shock. He might even be proactive and change a site before he was warned. He might put in insulin before the pump is gasping for more. He might even...wait for it....test before the pump tells him too!

Ah yes, a little electrical stimulation could work wonders for his diabetes care! His hair may end up a little curlier than it currently is.  He may develop a bit of a nervous twitch but I am sure it would all be worth it in the end.  Don't you??

2 comments:

  1. yup and i could use one too, to wake me up for my 2am check!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay, I think the pump is a great diabetic device, and I wouldn’t go back to having 5 shots a day with an insulin pen. What is your suggestion.http://www.track3.com

    ReplyDelete