Friday, July 15, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Its eight o'clock in the morning and I am eagerly waiting for my sons to arrive.  As much as I have enjoyed lounging in my bed and not stumbling around in the wee hours of the morning, I am equally happy to begin the process again tonight.

Last night I went to bed thinking, "Enjoy this. Its your last night to sleep through for a few weeks."  The other thoughts going through my head were "What if I don't wake up? What if I just sleep through the nights when he is home? Who will test him? How will I set an alarm and not wake up Larry?

I woke up at two and at four am.  There is no worries about eighteen years of interrupted sleep being cured in the span of two and a half weeks.

I should not have to worry about being shocked by readings that were not done or are completely out of whack.  Texting and calling each day have hopefully alleviated that stress for both of us.  I will simply enjoy having him back in the house again for a few weeks.

I will enjoy the testing, the nagging, the background chatter of video games.  I will appreciate having someone else to take out the garbage and put away the dishes.  There will be more activity in our refrigerator as he spends hours looking for another snack.

Ah, the joys of having a teenager back in the house...yes, I really do miss it when they are gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment